Followers

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Screen Capture!

The first thought that came to mind when I saw this picture was: I can't believe I have that much open on my computer at one time! I have my facebook open (which ends up being open 99% of the time), my blog page open, iTunes, CTools, AIM, and a Google homepage. How I get any work done with all of this open, I have no idea. I also have a help bar open because I could not figure out how to screen capture. I think it's safe to say computers are not my strong point.

Digital composing is completely different than "old-fashioned" composing. There are many advantages to digital composing. You can have as many resources as you want open and ready to use at one time. Everything moves at a much faster pace because you don't have to rummage through your room looking for a dictionary to look up that one word you don't know. You type in a few words, and you have a dictionary in seconds. However, with digital composing there can be many more distractions. Take my screen capture for example. I was supposed to be working on this assignment, and yet I had facebook and iTunes open. I was also talking to people through AIM. Digital composing is completely different that composing with paper and pen.

Some people, such as myself, know very little about the digital composing process. In order to get a better understanding people have to spend the time to learn what they are doing. For lack of a better phrase, "Practice makes perfect". The more time a person spends composing digitally, the better they will get and the more understanding they will have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me