Followers

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Survey Reflection


















This chart shows the answer to the question of whether or not you would feel safe if there was a pit bull in your nieghborhood. I chose to put this specific chart on my blog because it shows that the majority of people answered yes, they would feel safe. This goes against what many people would think, and shows that people are not all terrified of pit bulls. Most people do not feel threatened by pit bulls.

Overall I thought the survey process was an interesting one. The survey helped me figure out exactly what people think about pit bulls in general. I thought that this information was very important because often the media obscures what they say, making it seem that all people are threatened by pit bulls. My results were surprising in this way because they mostly showed that the majority of people would feel safe around pit bulls. I thought the questions that required the person taking the survey to write a short answer were especially helpful. Some of the most interesting things people showed in their responses were that most people do not think that pit bulls in general are more aggressive than other types of animals. Most of the survey takers thought that an animal's behavior rests in the hands of the owners as opposed to the actual animal's original demeanor.

The survey process helped me think about new ideas for my paper. I found it to be helpful, and also it helped me come up with statistics that I could add to my paper. The results were interesting and provided different outlooks I could include in my paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me